Miyerkules, Setyembre 12, 2012

eleven lessons i learned through our eleven years


Sep 1, '11 11:01 AM


1.  Be beautiful at all times.
    
I have always been the simple girl and if I had my way I wouldn't bother checking how I look in the mirror for a day.  But he just kept reminding (scolding!)
me that I should look good always.  And I learned that it wouldn't do me harm trying to be beautiful.  After all, I am not just a nobody; I am somebody else's wife.

One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody.
Mother Teresa 
2.  Be nice.

Even after of eleven years of being together, we try to maintain the niceties like saying thank you and please.  Of course admitting to mistakes and saying sorry if it's called for.  If I could be kind to anyone, then I should be at my kindest with him.

People are often unreasonable and self-centered.  Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives.  Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you.  Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous.  Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow.  Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough.  Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."
- Mother Teresa 


3.  Long distance relationship works

We were apart more than half the time of our relationship but I have always felt his presence.  Of course, it's pure hard work for both of us but it becomes easy when you love someone.  I have really nothing to complain.  I am so much loved.

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
Mother Teresa 


4.  Say I love you often      

I would always end my text message with that and whenever I feel saying it.  But when he would piss me off, I wouldn't say it.  At para dagdagan pang- asar sakin, he will say, "sige na, love me na please."  And I couldn't say no, then.

If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out.  To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it. 
Mother Teresa

5.  Marriage is not a battle

 Whenever we have petty quarrels I would just have to remind myself, that he is my partner, my ally, and there's no reason fighting him.  He will never mean to hurt me because I am his better half.

Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Mother Teresa

6.  Love the people around him.

It did not come easy but through the years I have learn to embrace everything and everyone he loves.

Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.  Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, and kindness in your smile."
- Mother Teresa 


7.  Acknowledge your difference.

He is Ilonggo.  I am Bicolana.  And we try not to resent that fact.
He is a man.  I am a woman.  But we complement each other.
There is no one weaker, no one better, we have our own qualities but it perfectly goes together.


8.  Have a common goal.
  
 It took us sometime to finally realize our goals, but it's never too late and we are working for it.  I have to acknowledge the fact that whatever we achieved financially the credit goes solely to him.

There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well.  They must have worked for it.  I only feel angry when I see waste.  When I see people throwing away things that we could use.
Mother Teresa 


9.  Money should be discussed

I am secretive according to him when it concerns money.  And somewhat true, I wasn't comfortable then discussing about it.  I got such a big pride to admit then even if I don't have a single cent.  But now we met on a common ground.  Though our love is bigger, money plays an important thing.

Let us not be satisfied with just giving money.  Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them.  So, spread your love everywhere you go.
Mother Teresa

10.  Be creative
.
Nasobrahan na daw ako sa pagka-creative.  But I kept on learning ways to show my love for him including the bedroom deed.  He is more creative on that and I am always open to his desires.

May today there be peace within.  May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.  May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others.  May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.  May you be content with yourself just the way you are.  Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.  It is there for each and every one of us." ..."
- Mother Teresa

11.  Love life, live love..

Well, love is still the biggest factor why we kept on going happily.  No trials, no pains could overshadow the feelings we have for each other.

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it." 

- Mother Teresa

happy anniversary my crissy...

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento