Sabado, Setyembre 1, 2012

sa ganang akin lang naman


Feb 29, '08 4:11 AM

I must say that I’m really fond of watching news. Even if my eyes are so tired from the whole day work in front of the computer, as soon as I arrived home, I will switch on the TV and catch the local news. Of course even if it’s in Ilonggo, “kaintyende man ako.”  My being hungry for news extends to the daily papers, and I would always love the opportunity to read some while waiting for my turn in PAL office or BDO Molo where they never run out of papers.

But recently, I would have to say that I find it already annoying to see Lozada’s face on TV. As in nakakasawa, nakakapagod, and it now comes to nakakairita stage everytime he pops up on TV. Oh well, siguro nasa akin ang mali. With all those religious groups, professionals, and students who have high praises for him, maybe I am the one having a wrong impression. Even if I learned that he is a Bicolano, just the same, he never had my sympathy. Is he a living example of “maurag na Bikolano?” I don’t know too or maybe I wouldn’t choose to find out.

While I’m about to sleep last night, I began to assess that maybe my reaction was due to the fact that I have always looked up to GMA. For one reason that she is the only President or high government official that I came across to face to face for the longest hour. It was back in 1997 I think when she visited our university. It was supposed to be a regional meeting of KAMPI in preparations for the election. We were there accidentally when we misunderstood that we should have gone to the amphitheater and not at the building where they were having meeting. But anyway we had a grand time meeting her in person. From that time on, she always had my sympathy amidst the countless controversies hurdled upon her. I think she had my admiration too because she’s an economist and I’ve always wanted to be one back in high school until on the year I was about to enter college that BU offered Journalism and I was thrilled to take it instead of Economics. I guess, it’s just that when you’re young, you aspired for many things. I even dreamt of pursuing Law, but I know it would have to remain a dream since I or we cannot afford to.

I am beginning to question myself if I am not a good citizen by not showing support over their cry or by just being plain deadma to whatever is happening in our current political situation. Di ba kamalian nga din daw ‘yon kung alam mo na may mali but you just shut up. But can I blame myself and perhaps the many out there too who keeps mum? To be honest at this time of my life, ayoko na ng stress kaya mas gusto ko na panoorin ‘yong mga bagay na would inspire me about life. With my situation now, it would be too much kung idagdag mo pa sa iisipin ang kalagayan ng bansa natin. Tama na ‘yong kahit papaano we are doing something too for the country. It’s enough that we have to sacrifice to be away from each other at mabilang siya sa mga OFW na siya daw nagpu-fuel ng ekonomiya.

Sino ba ang ayaw ng isang matatag na ekonomiya? Ng isang bansa na may matatag na kabuhayan na pananahanan ng magiging mga anak namin? Ng isang mapayapang lugar na kahit mawala man kami sa mundo, kampante kami na nasa mabuting kalagayan ang anak namin?

Pero kanino nga ba dapat magtiwala? Sino ba dapat paniwalaan? Kung aalis ba sa puwesto ang kasalukuyang pangulo, puwede ba natin maasahan na mabubuhay na tayo ng matiwasay? Na hindi na kailangan umalis pa ng bansa ang karamihan para lang magtrabaho at buhayin ang ekonomiya natin? O ang kanyang pag-alis ay magbibigay lang ng kaligayahan sa mga taong nagnanais sa posisyon niya?

Malapit na lang ang 2010. Kung magbabago ba ng administrasyon wala na uli tayong maririnig na people power? Wala na bang coup attempts? Wala na bang korupsyon? Hindi ko rin sinasabi na magtiis na lamang tayo.  Pero siguro mas makakabuting ang batas na ang gumawa ng hakbang sa kung sino man ang nagkasala. At tayo, let’s move on with our lives. Kaysa mag-rally, pag-igehan na lang siguro ang mga trabaho. Have more time with the family kung saan naman talaga nagsisimula ang matatag na pundasyon ng moralidad. Simulan na lang natin alisin ang talamak daw na corruption even in our own workplace. Sa maliit lang nag-uumpisa ang malalaking adhikain.

Well, nakaka-frustrate lang minsan, pero madalas ko nga sabihin kay Crissy na sa TV lang ang gulo. Huwag naman sana ‘yong nakikita namin na kaguluhan sa Kamaynilaan, pagdating ng oras babago din sa simpleng pamumuhay namin dito sa probinsiya. For now, iisipin ko na lang na napaglilihian ko si Lozada kaya ayaw ko ng makita siya mamaya pagbukas ko ng TV.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento