Biyernes, Agosto 31, 2012

ironic


 ...that’s all I can say with my birthday celebration or was there any. I am somewhat lucky of not having work with deadlines to beat, pressuring tasks, and a slave driver boss. It’s basically more fun than work. But on my birthday, I had to come earlier than the usual because we headed out of town. It was work of course. We set meetings with two mayors and their towns were some three hours drive. Along with the long drive back and forth, I didn’t even had the chance to check the time when we were there with many people we have to meet and concerns we have to tackle. It was nighttime when we were back in the city and I was so tired to think of celebrating it somewhere. The next day was no different because we went back to the same place and had a ceremony. All my hard work for the past weeks for this affair had paid off. And I can only sigh in relief. We were back again in the city just in time for dinner and what a way indeed to celebrate my birthday. We had dinner together with the rest of Korean’s residing in my boss place. Even if as expected, they were talking in their language and I don’t get even a single word, I also enjoy their company. I’ve been used to the set up of dining with me being the lone Filipino.
And oh, my boss daughter was kind enough to translate what they were talking about. As in I’ve always heard of too, they were discussing Korean War and how their country emerged from poverty. An elder Korean would often discuss these to the new generation Koreans as their way of emphasizing of how their diligence had carried them over to what they are now. Like us Filipinos, they fear that the younger generation is not doing the job seriously and all their efforts will be put to waste. I hope there are really no reasons for their fears.
Sana mali din lang obserbasyon ko sa nakikita ko sa kabataan nila. Or sana bata pa nga lang sila at nag-ienjoy lang din sa buhay at magbabago din ang pananaw sa tamang panahon. Well, mas masuwerte pa rin sila kasi mas maganda pa rin ang kinalalagyan ng bansang iiwan sa kanila kaysa sa atin na kailangan pa rin ang patuloy na pagpupunyagi para makarating sa kung nasaan na sila ngayon.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento