Linggo, Agosto 26, 2012

learning my ilonggo


Finally I had my Ilonggo grammar book. I was just so excited on beginning my studies. Every night as I go through the pages, Crissy would correct my pronunciation. Bicol and Ilonggo have so much similarity only that we tend to pronounce words faster and Ilonggo does it in a slower and sweeter way. Ah, maybe because I speak my hometown’s DaragueƱo dialect which differs from the Bicol Albayanon which is also a bit slower. Well, I also want to be in my best effort to learn the dialect. After all in the long run it will have its benefit. And what a shame for me if my Korean companions here speak it already, I might do it as well. Some times it can get a little exhausting since at the same time I am also having my Spanish language. Though I had nine units of it in college, I am back to zero and learning the whole thing again. During the past years, I can’t deny the fact that my memory is failing. I really tend to forget things easily. At times, it can get so bad that I am caught in unlikely situations. That’s why it will take a while for me to acquire new knowledge. Even if I’m into the habit of reading a lot, my memory goes on the blink often. To go back to my study of Hiligaynon, here are few examples and their bicol counterpart.

Hiligaynon Expressions
good morning               maayong aga                maray na aldaw
where are you going      diin ka makadto            din ka adon
just a minute                 hulat anay                     ulat nganay
it’s alright                      wala kaso                     wara kaso
come over                    dali ‘di                          pari didi
faster                            dasig/dali-a                   dali-a
I’ll go ahead                 mauna ako                    mamuna na ako
I don’t know                ambot                           inda
never mind                    bay-I na lang                pabayi na lang
it doesn’t matter            waay kaso                    wara kaso
what’s up                     anong aton/ano na         nom’ ono na
it’s none of your business          waay ka labot   wara ka pakilabot
i don’t know                 wala ako kabalo           di ko aram
i said so                        siling ko gid/ti man        sina-bi ko na

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento